View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 05:31 PM   #44
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Insinuating Cuban forced a deal for Dinwiddie because of crypto isn’t just stupid it’s reckless journalism without any basis in reality. I say that as a huge Cuban critic, and someone who would like for him to sell.

As others have pointed out:

1) KP is on a max deal and can’t stay healthy or provide any sort of consistency

2) other teams were unable to move their max players with similar issues (Russ, Wall)

3) the Mavs sold relatively high on KP who has at times looked good this season

4) the Mavs converted one horrendous contract into two bad contracts, but it wasn’t that long ago Bertans and Dinwiddie were both considered to be on fair deals

5) Bertans is an elite catch and shoot guy which the Mavs simply didn’t have

6) the best version of Spencer Dinwiddie is a two-way point with two-guard size

All in all I’m happy. I’m happy we pulled the trigger and blew it up to some extent instead of trying to pile crap onto more crap. Some may view this as a step backwards to go forward, I actually think it’s a step forward that increases our ceiling and raises our floor.