View Single Post
Old 02-25-2022, 12:57 PM   #55
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
This. For everyone screaming about horrible the Mavs are and how horrible Cuban is and how horrible this trade was... what more did you expect to get out of a KP trade? You think other teams were lining up around the block? Trading him at all I think is an accomplishment.

Unless the argument is then that we should just kept KP. In which case, I don't really know what to say. The sample size is more than big enough. We've seen the Luka-KP ceiling. It's not just about KP's inability to stay healthy. He's also just not that good and his fit next to Luka is questionable at best.

Sometimes the best you can do is cut your losses. No it doesn't excite me or make me all that hopeful for the future. But in general I do think it's easier to work with two smaller bad contracts than one huge one.
Yeah I mean the Mavs got what they could, idk what people expected out of that deal. And honestly, the Mavs have a better (slightly) path forward. KP is still in a suit. Who knows how long that lasts. If Mavs waited til the end of the season, KP would have even worse value. Im not excited about the deal, but im not mad at it. He had to be moved and the sooner the better