View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 03:19 PM   #23
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Okay snarky so what do they reccomend? Getting rid of Gore's jet-setting?

Do they reccomend Nuclear Energy by chance????

Even if there is global warming, the scare-mongering that is going with it makes dealing with it untenable.
Regulate CO2 emissions at the Federal level.

On a side note, I personally oppose Governor Perry's willingness to fast-track the building of the coal plants in Houston/Bryan/College Station area by TXU. While we desperately need the energy that these plants will provide this is an opportunity to force utility companies to think about alternatives when these pressures emerge. These coal plants will significantly increase CO2 in the Metroplex and in Central Texas.

As far as scare-mongering is concerned, you may be assuming there is nothing to be scared about or that the threat is being overstated. If so, I don't agree with that assumption because most of our great scientists support the reality of global warming and the need to do something about it. I would definitely prefer a clear headed debate without emotion but unfortunately that does not typically generate any public interest, nor does it move our legislators. I admit that it is difficult to make a case for global warming without sounding like an alarmist or an extremist. That being said, the issue needs to be addressed in a serious way and I actually think that bipartisan support will put a national plan in place in the near future.

Last edited by purplefrog; 02-07-2007 at 06:30 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote