View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 10:15 PM   #12
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Maybe Romo just looked so good because everyone was comparing them to Bledsoe.
No.

Its easy to blame the QB, but Romo is not the problem. At all. He's not the best of the league, I'm not saying that, but he's an excellent QB who can and usually does make every throw. He does things that 31 other QB's don't...little things, like pass fakes to wideouts on draw plays, but they add up...and I've heard national media members say that same thing.

If his fluke interceptions continue, then maybe he is doing something wrong, but so far, his interceptions are just that: flukes or tipped balls from his own players or garbage time throws. I mean, if Bennett caught that ball against the Titans, everyone is talking about how Romo could not have thrown a better pass. It was right were it needed to be, up in the air so the defenders couldn't get it, and it just had an unfortunate bounce.

In this game, can Romo really be blamed for Doug Free not even getting out of his stance? Not even Free being beat off the edge...no, the rusher had a straight line without being touched at Romo, forcing him into an poor throw on the move which again, took an unlucky bounce right in the air.

Again, he's not perfect. That second interception was a bad read, and he has to start to realize that Witten is being blanketed on third down. Still, considering the ineptitude of this offensive line, offensive coordinator, and defense/special teams in getting them good field position, Romo is playing way better than he should be.

edit: and don't take offense, I'm not attacking you; I realize your post never really said you thought Romo was awful or needed to be replaced or something. I just wanted to give my opinion on Romo.

Last edited by tcat075; 10-17-2010 at 10:18 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote