View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 08:55 AM   #14
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Bingo. Given how atrocious his blocking has been, I'd say that Romo's play has been one of the few bright spots this year.

I also can't believe how cursed he's been with some of these flukey interceptions. I have to believe we'll see a regression to the mean with regards to the interception issue. And he hasn't fumbled the ball once this season that I can recall, which is a very welcome development considering how much trouble that was two seasons ago.
People don't realize this, but Romo is completing 69.4% of his passes. That's 2nd best, behind Brees's 70.6%, and nearly two whole percentage points better than the third QB.

Romo is ridiculously accurate. He hardly ever misses easy throws, and when he does, it stands out. He's matured, and very rarely forces passes. In fact, if we were actually winning games, his percentage would likely be over 70% because he wouldn't have those garbage time incompletions that he's accumulated. He's really having an outstanding season, and its too bad that balls bouncing off of receiver's hands and left tackles who don't get out of their stance are causing people to form false opinions of him.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote