View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #58
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Butler, Terry, and Damp gone.... I want a back up 3 that is athletic, can shoot a bit, and defend (for the MLE) and a Wade type player. Booby as the 6th man
Butler gone? What is this obsession with Mavs fans who want Butler gone? Its ridiculous. Getting rid of Butler (if its possible...) does not mean we're guarenteed Wade by any shot. Look, we all want our pipedreams to come true, but let's assume stuff and kick extremely good players to the curb because of it.

He averaged 15 PPG on 44% shooting, shot 34% from behind the arc (same as Najera, and people love Najera's game and shooting) easily being the best percentage of his career, got you 5.5 boards and 2 steals a game...and you want him gone?

Give him a freaking break! Mid season trades are always tough. Give him the offseason to really develop chemistry with this team, and more importantly, give the coaches the offseason to make plays and integrate him into the offense!

He's a really good player who had a terrible year. He's not quite 30, and has only been in the league 8 years, so he's in his prime. This terrible year isn't due to age or wear, its just due to playing for a terrible team and then being traded to a team whose fans expected him to average his same numbers while playing in a different offense with different players. I have total faith in Butler at least upping his PPG average to his career mark of 16.6, very likely higher than that.

Maybe he's not the true #2 we've been looking for...I have my doubts. But I think if we get two really good number 3 options, Butler and another player, with Dirk on top of the food chain, we'll have an even better team. I haven't really started considering who that player is...still digesting this season...but a player who drives and shoots the three ball while avoiding mid range jumpers (~15ppg) would sound perfect to me, replacing JET (who I do want gone). A superstar would be icing, like Wade or Johnson, but I think one more piece like Butler could do the trick. Maybe add one Brandon Bass-esque big who can give us a little scoring and physical defense, and I wouldn't count us out (Tim Thomas? at 33 he might just retire depending on his wife's issue).

Last edited by tcat075; 05-01-2010 at 11:34 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote