View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #32
The Ghost of Championship
Banned

The Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
ShamSports has his cap hold for next summer at 3.9Mil, so Deeks seems to be saying that it will be based on the 2.1Mil. And Deeks is, in my opinion, THE authority on contract details and salary info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I don't really know why I'm responding to you, but here:
You have me confused as these are contradicting sources. Which one are you going with? Under Coon, if they can re-sign with Bird Rights then it's 150% of his previous salary. However, in Brand's case, he's already at the 30% max so the cap hold would not be 150% and defer to the 7.5% maximum raise. Under Shamsports, it's 3.9 million which is allegedly based on Coons under the league average = 190% cap hold rule.

Since you guys already unanimously believe I'm royally screwing Utah over with this trade, Brand's cap hold being $19.5 million makes it even worse for Utah. His contract also becomes toxic this summer as we either have to waive rights or hurry up & resign him under his terms to get rid of the cap hold.
The Ghost of Championship is offline   Reply With Quote