View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 11:10 AM   #2009
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
I personally don't see it being wise to use Josh Howard to pull VC, and if we do then it seems like they'd want Josh Howard/Stack/Damp (or similar) so they could save cash, get expirings, and still have an all-star player to add to their lineup.
Howard/Stack/Damp for Carter doesn't even add up financially - that trade can't happen (and I doubt Cuban is going to let Thorn rape him again...)

I think JET/Stack for Vince Carter is the only deal our FO would realistically entertain (unless they believe in addition by subtraction and offer Howard...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
You know, I don't even know where to begin. I still think that a call to Detroit for Rip would be worthwhile, as well as Wizards for Caron, Suns for Stoudemire, etc.. Supposedly Phoenix is wanting to clear some cash off the books and they surely didn't do that with Shaq so we should go after Amar'e for sure.
If you're worried about using too many trade chips on one player, then stay away from Amare & Butler - getting either of those guys would be the only move we could afford to make this summer (although they might be worth it...)

Rip works, but I'm not sure how desperate Detroit is to shed salary at this point...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-25-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote