Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 12:39 AM   #329
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Yeah I think we suck but not as much as those other teams mentioned... They were terrible at tanking last season. We were just lucky Dennis fell to us
I understand the fear because being bad at tanking can be an organizational decision. On the other hand, the Mavs can realistically only be 2-3 games out of the worst record race a month from now (or closer), and last year they were closer to an outside shot at the playoffs and further away from a shot at the #1 overall pick. Hopefully that will influence the Mavs to be better at tanking this year.

I really hope the Mavs can drop Monday's game to the Heat because they've got a streak of very winnable games coming up before the All Star break. Really want them to drop Wednesday's game @ Phoenix, then @ SAC, @ LAC, @ GSW, vs LAL, @ HOU, and vs SAC.

I had the Mavs with 19 or 20 wins at the break. Had them dropping these last 3 games. We're sitting at 16 wins. If they could somehow only get 2 wins in this stretch, then I can't see any way the Mavs are in a position to fight their way out of the top 5 worst records in the league. They'd be 18-40 with only 24 games left in the season. Say from there they go 9-15, that's only 27 wins. 27 wins is going to be good enough for a top 5 worst record in the league this year. But, what about this team says we can sustain a .375 winning pct over 24 games?

On the other hand, if the Mavs knock off MIA, beat PHX, take down SAC twice & steal a game from the Lakers or Clippers, say they do something like that and are sitting at 21-37 or 22-36 at the break, then I'm going to be very worried about the Mavs picking in that 8th to 9th range that so many other posters have talked about fearing.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote