View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 06:57 PM   #4049
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I will never understand why Rick wanted to slow us down every play.

I understand when we had Dirk, we'd wait up for Dirk to get down the court and Rick wanted us to run some halfcourt to prepare for the post-season, but it seemed like Rick told them to slow it down every single play. But we never sped it up after Dirk retired, and it's one thing to practice half-court in practice/during games. It's another thing to completely limit the offense by refusing to run.

When your superstar is a 6'8" PG who rebounds, drives and passes as well as he does, you're ridiculous if you don't let them run when the opportunity presents itself.
I feel like it's clear why Rick wanted to slow us down. He HATES turnovers. He didn't trust the team as a whole to push it up and make good decisions. On one hand it's fairly understandable when you go back to our roster a few to a handful of years back. DSJ and Luka being so young and the guys around them weren't really quick and agile in terms of fast break.

Rick leaving was a blessing as good as he once was. He wasn't ever likely to make drastic changes and we needed big changes in play style. We needed an atmosphere change just as much.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote