View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 10:58 AM   #65
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Is Dirk the best player in the league?

Quote:
I don't know anyone with a vote for the NBA MVP, so I admittedly know nothing of the process the voters go through to determine the MVP, but it would seem to me that neither of these stats pushes Dirk above TD or KG. And, I see little correlation between Dirk's individual post defense and the second stat.
I never said I considered Dirk above TD or KG. I said I didn't see that either had been playing above Dirk thus far. As for the defense bit, the point is simple. If Dirk's defense is really lagging that far behind the guys he'd have to compete with to win an mvp, then the effect of his mediocre defensive play should be evident in his team's defensive prowess with him on the floor. As of the time that I quoted those stats, it clearly wasn't.