View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 01:09 PM   #76
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Is Dirk the best player in the league?

Quote:
Originally posted by: bernardos70
Point taken, anything can happen in one game. However, Dirk does struggle while being guarded by small forwards. This is not a one-game thing IMO. Remember Nellie's comments on how Dirk last year was being guarded by small forwards and how they were really disrupting his game?

EDIT: Murphy, did Marion guard Dirk last year in those games? Didn't Stoudemire guard him, being the Suns had a few spares actually filling in for a center? Just asking, I don't recall those games. I hope he was and I hope you're right, but I'm not so sure.
Dirk was guarded some by both.
If I remember correctly, Shaq has mentioned that he's less effective against the shorter, stalkier type players.....Dirk's sometimes less effective versus the smaller, more athletic player. Duncan's sometimes less effective when you double down on him and force him to dribble or to make a pass under pressure.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote