View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 12:33 PM   #36
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
First of all, there isn't a chance in hell that the Mavs take on Brand and Iggy's contracts. It's just not happening. So it's pretty pointless to debate.

Beyond that, Brand is not "in a slump". He's no longer very good. And he's an undersized PF that can't play any defense. He's like a more expensive version of Drew Gooden that scores a little better. There's no way he plays more than 20 minutes a night for this team, and he's making $51 million over the next three seasons.

You'd be insane to trade anything of any value to Philly for Elton Brand. Again...yuck.
Brand can't play defense ? ? Historically he has been a very good defender, and has a 7'5.5" wingspan which has made up for his 6'9" frame. He is known as a player with the strength of Damp. He is in no way undersized to be a PF. He is a player that plays much bigger than he actually is. He is known as a shotblocker because of his strange 9'2" standing reach.
Yes we have been spoiled having a 7' at PF, but Dirk is taller, not smaller than most PF and many centers.
I am not saying that the injuries haven't limited Brand, but he really is on pace to be coming back to form this year -- and he seems to be. I am uncertain if he will ever regain the quick explosive jumping he was blessed with before the injuries.
IMO, He would easily play 30+ minutes as the C/backup PF on this team.

In fact, if they made a deal w/o Damp having to be included I suspect that Dirk/Brand/Damp would be the PF/C rotation for 95% of the time.

As far as contracts go -- that is Marks money.

Would Brand be a flop -- maybe. Would Brand be the inside force that Dirk needs -- maybe. Would Iggy be the SG that this team needs -- maybe.
Do you have enough touches for Dirk, Brand, Iggy, Terry, Marion -- when Kidd is going to have the ball as much as possible????

Lots of questions. I just don't think Brand is done like you seem to. I just think his injury is taking 2 years to get back.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 01-22-2010 at 12:36 PM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote