Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 02:48 PM   #521
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
Not saying you're wrong. I just think it'll go the other way. Outside of Harrison Barnes, we don't have a good history of getting FAs to come here.

Wes will not opt out of his deal. He'd literally have to hate money to do that. The narrative in the NBA this offseason is backup players signed in 2016 will be earning more than starters who sign this offseason. Wes is on 2015 money. He's not giving that up. He can opt in to $18.6 mil next year. There will be better players this offseason who sign 2 year deals for less than $18.6 mil.
Wes is going to be 32 years old shortly after next season starts, and he's coming off his best season since the injury -- this summer would be an excellent time to opt out and try to negotiate a longterm contract somewhere, especially if he could get somewhere in the ballpark of $12-15m per year... Contracts are guaranteed in this league, health isn't (especially for an aging player) -- it's ALWAYS better to lock up the longterm deal than take the quick cash. Any agent worth their salt will tell you that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
We all do it. But, you're just saying what you'd wish for, but it's not reality. Wes is opting in. It's foolish to think otherwise.
I don't think you know enough about the cap to presume to know me.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-08-2018 at 02:59 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote