Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 09:55 AM   #555
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
So, we're either getting an Ayton/Doncic or a Bamba/Mikal. Honestly, I lean towards Bamba/Mikal/JJ Jr. over most others besides Ayton anyways. I'd happily trade a #1 overall (and more) for two of those together.

- Bagley is a beast, but I worry about him defensively. We need bigs that can defend the paint, block shots along with offense.

- Porter Jr. can be the best in the draft, or never get his HS groove back. Jumping from HS to the NBA with a major injury in between, seems too risky to me when the hope is to not have a 7 year+ rebuild. I'd rather go safe to at least try to capitalize on Barnes timeline.

- Doncic. I don't have an educated feeling aginst him. I feel the same way I did with him as I did with Ball. Just not sure if it all translates at a high level. Maybe I'm just averse to hype.
This is how I feel for the most part as well -- defense matters, and none of these guys totally suck at offense (even Bamba, for as much as people want to knock his offensive skills). Ayton isn't the strongest defender, but he's still a net positive. Porter Jr. is a big mystery, given his health and lost year of development, but he at least was a solid perimeter defender in high school... It's Doncic and Bagley that have me worried on that end of the floor, which is my biggest aversion to drafting either of them.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-12-2018 at 09:59 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote