View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 10:00 AM   #42
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Except that Smith just hit the game winner against the toughest defense in the league and played great defense on Paul George to ice it.

I don't buy that Smith isn't part of "win now" at all. Pretty sure no player on the team wants to win as much as him.

What I do concede is that Smith is the only one not named Luka on the team with any real trade value. See, the bigger issue is the rest of the team...not Smith. But I still don't know what trade is out there that markedly improves the team because you need to fill other holes. And Smith provides something for the team that nobody else on the roster really has.

So it's really more of a roster dilemma than a Smith jr one.
Agree with everything stated here. This "win now" crap is not going to get us anywhere and we are minimum 3 years away. We need to develop the guys we have and build around a core.

I personally really like what DSJ brings. He's able to create for both himself and others on offense while also taken on defensive challenges. PG was on fire the other night and DSJ managed to slow him down just enough for us to get a win.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote