View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 01:03 PM   #64
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
I'm not understanding the love for Otto Porter all of a sudden. He's going to be making $27 next year and $28.5 after that while being at best an above average players. His numbers are down this year but looking at last year, his 5th year in the league:
31.6 mpg
14.7 ppg
50.3 fg%
44.1 3p%
6.4 rbg

Is he some kind of defensive beast? I'm not getting why he gets a max deal and why everyone on here is willing to take on that contract. Wes either goes completely off the books or takes a significant paycut and probably role change next year. DP has one more year on his contract which is overpaid but $10 isn't as high as it used to be (think more like $7).

I just don't see making Porter our big splash in the off season because he's likely to suck up all of our cap space if we decide to keep DJ also.
You have to look at the advanced numbers, thats where he really really shines. As example, last season he was #7 in the entire league in true shooting (including four center in front of him)

His advanced numbers show that he is a better rebounder, better passer, more efficient scorer etc than Barnes.

Porter averages 2.0 APG, Barnes 1.5. But if you look that he has a 16% usage rate and Barnes a 25%, then his 2 APG look much better.

Yes, he is like 8-10 million a year overpaid, but if we dump overpaid Powell in the deal, i can live with it. That would kind of reduce Porters salary in 19-20 by 10 million, if you want to count it that way.

And who knows, maybe in 2020 he is opting out of his last year to secure a new longterm deal. Would also make more sense for him to hit the FA markt again at age 31 and not 32. Same argument for Barnes, i expect him to opt out. Specially if he hits the three so good this season. And because he has to fear that he gets moved down to 3rd or 4th option next year....

Last edited by sefant77; 01-03-2019 at 01:04 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote