View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 01:30 PM   #159
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
It looks like MIA, NYJ, and TB are all looking to interview Kris Richard for a head coaching job... You might have to replace Garrett with him if you want to keep him.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...inly-want-keep
Yep, and some sentiment among beat guys is that he could very well impress a team enough to get the hire. I see it more as respecting his overall work, but he'd have to really "wow" a team in the interview process I'd think for someone to commit to what would be a rather large jump for a coach.

He's been a DC before, so it was surprising to me that the Cowboys were able to hire him as the DB coach and quickly named him passing game coordinator. That's why I think there is a bigger picture, under the table type deal with Richard to be the DC next season with a Marinelli retirement. Just a gut feel as Marinelli will be 70 by next season.

I'd peg the same type of agreement to Will McClay, as that's another guy I thought would see some serious GM interest (he has had some, but turned down interviews).

Edit: would LOVE to see both back, but understand the nature of the business and would root for their success elsewhere (outside of the division, of course)

Last edited by saclare; 01-03-2019 at 01:31 PM.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote