View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 12:02 AM   #120
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I just posted this in the Clippers GDT, but I'll repost here-

Outside of Luka, the Mavs roster is pretty awful. Most of the players are not individually awful, they're mostly okay rotational role players, but that's the entire roster. You're supposed to have like 4 of those type of players, and with the rest being quality impact players.

It's tough to say what the Mavs need going forward, because we kind of need everything. Like every other team in the league, we need 3 and D wing guys. I'd say we could really use a sort of old-school 4 who can rebound and play in the post, given how KP is awful in the post and is most effective as a spot up shooter. KP is a stretch 5, nothing more, nothing less. The sooner RC realizes that, the better. Most of all though, the Mavs DESPERATELY need another playmaker in the backcourt. Luka can't initiate the offense on every position. We need another quality perimeter player who can carry the offense when Luka is on the bench, as well as allow Luka to play off the ball a bit when he's on the floor. This will not only lighten the load on Luka, but also Luka's 3pt% should go up significantly if he actually starts getting open looks, instead of only taking that step-back.

MBT have their work cut out for them. Unfortunately the free agent class this season is garbage, and I don't feel like the Mavs have a whole lot in terms of trade assets, given how much we had to give up to get KP.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote