Thread: 2020 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 12:54 PM   #365
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

So, I am SURE the Mavs are aware of Pokusevski, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they liked him. But, what I can't get around in my head is the fact that he's going to take TIME, either staying in Europe, or playing lots and lots of developmental minutes that will lead to losing games in the NBA.

Someone is going to pick the guy, and maybe higher than we think. The idea of a 7' tall POINT FORWARD is intriguing (understatement), but unless he's a stash in Europe (for cap purposes) I just can't see a team who considers themselves a playoff team snagging him. They want players who are ready to contribute. Like, if there's a a question as to whether in the SHORT TERM, his roster spot might be better used on Courtney Lee, that's probably not a good Mavs pick.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote