Thread: 2020 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 10:18 PM   #374
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Well, there's that. And FWIW, I agree that it's being overblown, but it's not insignificant, either. I mean, half of why Luka has been so successful to this point is his strength, really. Even a perimeter player needs to be able to play through contact.

But, that's the BIGGEST knock, imo. He plays in a really poor league. NOTHING like Luka and KP's path. He's BEHIND college players in experience, not ahead of them. I've seen footage of several different games that look like they're taking place in the Greek equivalent of a YMCA. No fans, no competition.

It's cool to be intrigued by the guy - I am, too. But I'd be careful with hoping he's a day one contributor. I highly, highly doubt that.
I agree 100%. These highlights don't look anything like Luka's. Honestly it reminds me of Lamelo Ball's highlights when he played in his dad's BBB league. Hell it might even be worse competition than that was.

His ceiling looks like that of a 7th or 8th man off the bench guy. I'm not scout just my opinion but yeah I'm not seeing it at all. I think at the 18th pick this team would do better with a 3 and D guy.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote