View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 02:18 PM   #636
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
But this no longer has anything to do with what kind of player Simmons is. There is no question at all that they wanted to move on and so did he after the playoffs ended.

It all went to the circus when Morey started demanding stupid things. Why? There is no benefit to this other than making you and your franchise look bad. Ben is already eating paychecks to get something done. Had 5 months to get a deal done.
Oh I agree. Just saying that his disposition fits into the calculus of what teams are willing to offer. He seems like an aloof, arrogant dude who hasn’t bothered to work on shooting. He can’t even be bothered TO shoot. Then you’ve got a guy like CJ who is clearly not as physically talented but is a model citizen, wants to be in Portland and can really shoot. I think they’d have to pull the trigger on a straight up swap but as soon as you add other assets I’ll get Portland draws the line real quick.

I still think something involving Siakam makes the most sense, whether it’s a 3 way or Simmons for Siakam + picks. Siakam is starting to age out of Toronto’s new timeline and was a disruption last season and now he’s hurt. He might do well with a change of scenery.

Last edited by mac222b; 10-08-2021 at 02:21 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote