Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2022, 11:18 PM   #1467
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Repeat after me: We. didn't. cheap. out.

He never even met with us. Maybe he would have signed an extension-- but it's probable that he refused and knew he wanted to be with the Knicks.

Jalen WANTED to be with the Knicks even after they missed the playoffs and the Mavs sniffed the finals.
I took that as Cuban trying to save face. And that he didn?t meet with us because our offer (which someone ?leaked?) was 21.5m per year, if I?m remembering right. Of course it may have been a done deal and no amount of money whipping could?ve kept JB from NY. But finding out we are offering that much less, after shopping him at the deadline and not extending him the summer before? It?s possible he was insulted all the way around. Personally I don?t entirely blame him. If we offered nearly equal or more money and he turned it down? different story. As I see it, Cuban didn?t want to pay that much tax and offered him a deal he couldn?t not refuse.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote