Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2022, 11:10 AM   #1473
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
That's still a large chunk of change for Brunson. I'm on record for saying 30 mil year, and I woulda paid it.

But plenty of fans cut their offer off at 22.5, and that isn't unreasonable. 30 mil contracts are hard to move if they aren't a top tier player, and even then, often difficult to match salary. I look at similarly tiered Brogdon in that regard. He is making 22.5 and still only got you a bunch of guys you've never heard of and a meh first rounder (top 12 protected in 2023 and turns into a second rounder if not conveyed).
I would?ve definitely gone over the Knicks offer. Not sure I?d go all the way to 30m. The Knicks deal is descending so I guess we probably could?ve done the same, so it starts at let?s say 29.5 and becomes better as it goes on. If I?m Cuban, I do ANYTHiNG to make sure Luka doesn?t leave. If we kept Brunson with Wood and McGee added we are serious contenders if everything breaks right and we have all picks to trade again soon. Now we need to find a guy who replaces what JB brought instead of basically being a two way larger wing away from complete. Brunson AND Siakam or someone like him, though I maybe prefer a better shooter than Pascal we probably won?t be in a position to be choosy.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote