Thread: Trade deadline
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 02:58 AM   #578
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
Just spitballing another idea, because I don't think the Suns/Ayton thing will happen (TBF I didn't think Kyrie would happen)

What about Nurkic for Wood? Wood is younger and better on offense, Nurkic is the better defender. But of course, it's totally fair to assume Portland might not want to do it.
I mean I'd trade THJ for him in a heart beat.

Assuming they want off his salary though maybe it would be more like Powell and mcgee so they can come off most of that salary with powell's expiring.

My main concern with Nurkic would be his effectiveness in pnr defense. As a rim protector and last line of defense I like him fine but I do think he's best when you have defenders at the point of attack in front of him(we don't currently have) to funnel them to him to contest shots. If we moved wood for wing defenders/shooters and portland wanted thj or powell and mcgee I'd do it myself but not wood for nurkic.

I haven't hardly watched portland at all though. Can't believe he's only 28 still... feels like he's 34.

Edit- I would say Nurkic wouldn't be bad considering I think Maxi would be the defender on the floor in the important closeout minutes so pnr defense wouldn't be as big of an issue then. I prefer going for Poeltl but I have no idea what that would take.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 02-08-2023 at 03:14 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote