View Single Post
Old 02-24-2001, 02:22 AM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I think it all depends on whether or not Mutombo re-signs with them at the end of the year. The guy's old, but he definitely doesn't play like it! If Philly can ink him to at least a three-year deal, then I think they did the right thing. I can totally see him playing well into his late 30s or early 40s (and playing well, might I add!). If they make it far into the playoffs and possibly to the finals this year, you can bet he'll re-sign. He's been on losing teams for far too long and is clearly sick of playing for struggling/rebuilding organizations. Philly is the perfect situation for him imo - a powerhouse team that not only has the best record in the league, but is also in the less rigourous EC. That is, as long as they don't experience some kind of horrible meltdown sometime in the next couple months! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

BTW, Mt. Mutombo erupted for 17 points, 13 rebounds, and FIVE blocked shots in his debut Friday night against Detroit! If only Atlanta would've accepted Bradley in exchange for him [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote