View Single Post
Old 08-27-2002, 11:16 AM   #15
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a little free speech for you, Kat:

Get the F over it, already.

Murph was suspended for a year's worth of intermittent conduct detrimental to the continuing success of the board in the opinion of the board's OWNER.

I wouldn't have done it, but it's not my board. I've been reading the board since it was a week old, I've been posting almost as long. I saw all of this detrimental conduct first hand, and I understand why DJ felt it warranted a banning.

This conduct included subversive maneuvers in threatening to stage numerous walk-outs, sometimes intimidating new members, and an over-inflated sense of self-importance. He thought he was bigger than the board. He still thinks he's bigger than the board. He thinks that if all of his cronies leave, that the board will "collapse."

Well, guess what? This is not my board, I'm just a moderator. I'm not really here to make decisions like this. I'm here to keep JoeJoe's and Dirk77's from ruining everything, to make new members feel welcome, and to delete embarassing double, triple, and quadruple posts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

But I'm going to tell you my personal opinion.

Please, prove the all-mighty Murph right, and leave! Let the board "crumble." If you cared half as much about the board as you claim to, you and the rest of the people who can't let this go would just let it go! But you won't. Let the board "die." I don't give a shit. If you are here because of a person, and not because you want to talk sports, then go start www.murphy3.com and have a message board where you can just get your head all up his ass all day long, with no interference from all of us interested in talking about the Mavs!

Go on. All of you. Leave us here to die a slow, agonizing death, where we will actually be permitted to have fun and talk about basketball.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote