View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 10:36 AM   #34
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
If Romo gets hurt I'd love to have the insurance of Aaron Rodgers rather than a used up Brad Johnson or unknown Brooks Bollinger.

My point being that injuries are an issue for every team in this league. Don't sell out part of the future to repair something that may never happen. Let the season play out and get him in free agency if you can.
Is it really selling out part of the future? Especially since 1st rounders aren't guaranteed to be a hit? Not to mention Roy Williams is still in his 20's? If anything you're helping your future. And I don't want Roy Williams for insurance. He'd be a great insurance to have but he can come in on this team right now and be anything from a #1 to a #3 option.

Quote:
I bet he'd get more touches as Romo's #3 than Shaub's #1 (because Houston = underachievement...)

Hell, I'll call it now - Schaub won't be their starting QB next year...

Plus, Super Bowl contention should mean something to a guy of Roy's caliber...
You may be right. I wouldn't really rule out the Texans as possible competition for him though. They have a lot invested in Schaub. You think they cut him or just bench him?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote