View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 03:00 AM   #58
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Magic has to be there simply on his career accolades. That Lakers team went to the finals nine times in eleven years and won five championships. And, unlike that old Celtic dynasty of the 50's-60's, this was during arguably the most competitive era in the history of the league. That's friggin insane.
It was actually nine out of twelve, but the point still remains.

And that point, I would argue, is something entirely opposite from "this was during arguably the most competitive era in the history of the league." I mean, the first point almost proves the second. The West wasn't at all competitive when the Lakers were blowing through it. It *can't* be competitive when one team is dominating it like that.

The East was pretty competitive at the time. The Sixers and the Bucks had some very good teams. But damn those Celtics.

And, for Magic's sake, he lost once he got to those Finals nearly as often as he won.

I don't know...I'm thinking that if Magic and Jabbar don't get paired up, neither one of them cracks the top five in these lists.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote