View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 12:00 PM   #25
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

My apologies, this is my first response to this story and I intentionally did not read any existing comments. I want my thoughts to be written without being clouded by replying to other feedback...I'll go back and read other takes on this shortly.

First, that Police Officer needs to experience some consequences for his POOR judgement. His handling of the situation is an isolated case and hopefully, we can all keep our outrage at this one individual and not make life for other Police Officers any more difficult than it already is.

Second, the slant that this is racial, quite frankly is offensive!!! Honestly...and this is my emotions running over...but I am sick and tired of these stories, that show an African-American being wronged by a White-American and then immidiately it's Racial!!! Is it possible that this officer is simply a jerk to everyone? To paint this with a Racial stroke is naive on the journalist who used that headline.

That Headline which was used only fuels the spark of Racism feelings. Quite frankly the Headline Writer should have to suffer an equally damaging consequence as the police officer. To me, that headline is equal to yelling "Fire" in a crowded movie house.

Again, the Officer was WRONG in his actions and from my view should be fired on the spot. I don't want someone who has proven to have poor judgement to be serving as a Police Officer. After all, "To Serve and Protect"...I didn't see any intent from the officer to "Serve"

Equally, the Headline Writer who used "White Officer - Black Driver" needs to be fired as well as each and every editor who reviewed the story/headline and approved the use of such a divisive headline.

I finally got to hear the audio this morning on the Ticket and it made my blood boil!!! I was already outraged when I simply read the story and heard the interview that the Player/Driver had on 105.3 the Fan yesterday.

With that said, I hope that people exercise better judgement than the officer, whenever they get pulled over or if they ever encounter this individual in person.

There's a part of me that is concerned for the officers safety now that this has become as public as it has. Hopefully we dont fall into a mob mentality...no doubt, people are angry and if too many angry people get together, no telling how bad things could escalate.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote