View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #4078
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am actually more stunned that few teams choose the OKC approach but instead try to save face by accepting crappy players and picks.

If you're Orlando, wouldn't it be best to just blow it up and get maybe one or two picks that you know will be good. Why accept players that will keep you mediocre but compromise your cap structure anyway?

I'd rather be sure to have 4-5 top 10 picks in the next 3 years than fill my team with the Kris Humphries of the world.
Because OKC got really lucky in what they did. They drafted Durant, but STILL sucked. Then they got Westbrook. But still sucked. Then they got Ibaka and still sucked. Then they got Harden.

They sucked for about 5 years straight. Most teams that draft a player like Durant's caliber don't immediately get another lottery pick for awhile. (See the Cavs for instance....)
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote