View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 06:03 PM   #16
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default RE:So we bombed an innocent wedding? Sounds like more hogwash to me...

Quote:
How would you feel if I claimed that you killed my mother on the way to work and forced you to admit it solely on a picture of a woman who looks like my mother who was hit by a car that looks sort of like yours, then to find out the next day that my mom is alive and well and that the picture was taken thousands of miles from where you live?

Why are you so rash to judge others on partial and unverified evidence?
Your analogy makes it so simple. Let's say that it did happen (knock on wood). Let's say I laughed in your face and told you that you deserved it or let's say I said something like, "It was a mistake/accident (whatever you want to call it. Its just semantics). I will try to correct it next time." Would that give you any comfort? That I would make sure I don't hit your mother again?

What if I said, "I hit your mother because I thought she was a terrorist. I'm sorry." Would that make you less sad? Knowing that I just made a mistake?

I guess I'm just sad that too many innocent people are dying. Both American and Iraqi. Remind me again. Why is the US in Iraq? Where are the WMDs?

You can bet the relatives of those people are now hating the US. If they loved the US for liberating them, they are hating the US now.