View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 12:04 AM   #32
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

so i saw glory road this weekend. good movie, but i liked Titans better. the story of the 1966 texas western team is a great one. And the basketball scenes were ok (although, liked someone mentioned, were they throwing off-the-glass alley oops and reverse dunking in 1966? and i rolled my eyes during a crucial play in the last game against Kentucky (i won't spoil all of it, let me just say it involves someone saving a ball before it goes out of bounds), but i think they made a HUGE casting error with the lead actor.

I like josh lucas, but he just was simply flat in the movie. how are we supposed to believe that he could motivate these players when every single one of his speeches falls absolutely flat emotionally. and then, if you compare it to denzel in Titans, it's even worse. but i could listen to denzel read the phonebook and get motivated.

anyway, glory road is worth the price of matinee admission, simply because of the true story on which it's based. plus, at the end, they do some "what happened to them?" subtitles, which i love in any sports movie.