View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #85
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfan View Post
I love that the Mavs won, but seriously, have you ever seen a team that seems to play so bad so often, and somehow wins the game? I mean, we continue to miss laypups, point blank jumpers(JET, who used to be money on these 12 footers), and allow the opponents to drive the lane with impunity.

And what was with all the standing around while the player with the ball dribbles the shot clock away in the 4th qtr and OT? Nobody was setting picks or cutting to the goal. I hate those isolation plays, with the possible exception of Dirk, who can actually make something good happen.
That's the difference between Kidd and Barea, Kidd will force you to move and pay attention, Barea's out there pouonding the rock. We need much more movement, in turn it creates easy buckets. This is the NBA today. Isolation. I remember when Kidd first got to the Nets, they got so many easy buckets, using the Princeton offense, back cuts, give and gos, lots of weakside action. I thought their biggest mistake was essentially moving KVH for Rogers as the shooter. KVH went to Philly for Deke and Rogers was signed to their MLE at the time. Rogers was horrid. Even though KVH was not consistent, but that homerun threat parked out there, created wide open driving, cutting and passing lanes. The Mavs have the tools to run something very similar. With Dirk and jet on the perimeter, JHo and Marion slashing, Kidd running the floor and Damp setting the back weakside picks. Unfortunately for whatever reason, it is not run. Any team running this type of offense is at a huge advantage because it is rare for any team to see it, ala the NFL's 3-4 defense.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote