View Single Post
Old 10-31-2004, 01:26 AM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Baylor takes A&M to OT

OH HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the seriosuly the best college football game I have ever witnessed. That was two teams that just plain got after it and beat each other to a pulp for the entire game. The crowd was electric and the A&M Folks brought what looked like 10-15 thousand fans. Every timet he A&M fans would yell (and it was damn loud to their credit) the Baylor folks would respond. The teams played their hearts out. What a game!

The Aggie band was great...really impressive. Down 3-13 at the half, the Bears walked off the field with a swagger. The crowd noticed. These young men knew they were in a football game. I will admit that I thought it was over after we tied the game at 20 and A&M drove about 90 yards to score a touchdaown in about 4 plays.

The Bears never gave in. Shwan Bell threw 50 fricking passes....50! He tossed four touchdowns including the last in overtime. Baylor lined up for the extra point in the OT and then the sideline called a timeout. It was clear....we were going for two.

The crowd in full panic and expecting the worst, stood as one to back their Bears. The A&M fans were deafening loud. The play seemed to last for ten minutes. Bell rolled to his right and hit the winner for the Bears.

I can't talk. My voice gone. Students, employees, hell everybody just flooded the field. It was an awesome sight. The goalposts never had a chance and fell basically immediately. The last time I saw the goal posts, they were being passed over the wall out of the stadium. Someone told me the students were carrying them back to campus miles and miles away. Awesome.

I stayed in my seats for twenty minutes watching the celebration. It was awesome. I give the Ags fans a ton of props. They were for the most part very congratulatory even though stunned. It was a great thing.

THE BEARS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As we finally made our way out of the stadium, I saw smiles and heard yells everywhere. People were hugging each other, patting each other on the back, high fiving, everything. It was awesome. So amazingly awesome.

One more note regarding aggie fans. I took my boys to a local Sonic after the game for a cherry limeaid and onion rings. Parked next to us was a carload of disappointed aggies. My boys and I were whooping it up and high fiving still excited. I didn't see them at first, but a 10-14 year old boy next to me yelled over..."Mister....nice game tonight." His dad smiling gave us a thumbs up. I wished the Ags well for the rest of the year and returned the thumbs up. What a classy response from the Ag fans tonight. I was very impressed. I saw a few ag fans act poorly, but to be fair there were probably some bear fans acting up too. BUT...what I saw tonight was pure class from both sides after what is easily the best college football game that I have ever witnessed in my life.

Totally awesome! The first win over A&M since 1985. First the Red Sox hammer the yanks...now this. I love this country and I love my BAYLOR BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

SIC 'EM BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote