Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 11:49 PM   #833
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

I'm just going to leave a prediction here...

For some reason, I've come across as a know-it-all or something of that sort to most of the other posters on this forum. Honestly, I just have a different viewpoint than just about anybody else. I am tank AT ALL COSTS.

I've read some posters criticize my posts about how the Mavs aren't doing what they should be doing to tank & then talk about who they want with a top 3 pick. It's just a fantasy. They want their dessert, but they don't want to pay for it.

And then some folks I think literally don't understand what tanking is. Maybe it's become too board of a term around the NBA. The Mavs lose & there's comments about "good tank" when really the Mavs are just so bad that they can't beat a team who is trying to tank---like Friday night in Chicago.

Take a look at Memphis. They're on a 13 game losing streak, and it's no accident. They're damn near re-writing the book on tanking. If they wind up with Ayton, it'll all have been worth it too.

Here's the prediction:

Mavs will go 3-5 over their next 8 games. They will beat Memphis on Saturday & in doing so ensure that Memphis finishes with a worse record than they do. They will either beat New York next Monday and Brooklyn a week from Saturday, or they will win one of those games & win another game you wouldn't expect them to among their next 8---like they did vs Indiana.

From there they'll have 22 wins and have 6 more games that are winnable for them because they're not trying to tank.

Way back when I thought 25-27 wins was going to ensure a top 5 worst overall record. What I didn't anticipate is the Grizzlies, the Bulls, and even the Knicks to go into ultra tank mode. I heard on ESPN this week that before Mavs win vs Indiana the bottom 8 teams in the league were 0 for their last 44.

Teams obviously think a lot of the top talent in this draft, and everyone, excepts for the Mavericks, seem willing to do what it takes to give themselves the best possible odds for that top talent.

These next 8 games are going to be what costs the Mavericks a top 5 pick---barring any miracles in the lottery drawing.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote