View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #35
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
No, I'm serious.

To me this skit and the way some humor is poking fun at Patriotism and at our Nations flag is more offensive than anything I have seen regarding racist commentary or racist jokes.

To me it's a personal attack and against ALL Americans.

Again, when I posted the joke that I had received in an e-mail, I was incensative and wrong. I acknowledge that I was wrong and have since changed to promote civility and respect for ones heritage.

As an American, I draw a serious boundary line when it comes to respect our Flag and everything it represents.

I'm not saying anyone has to agree with me, as in many of my posts, there are a few who disagree...but on that note, just like someone who is African-American, we respect who they are and we call out those who cross a line with what they say or how they treat that individual.

To me, making a slur a skit or something else that demeans the Flag is simply a racist attack on America.

My apologies for being a hard arse on this subject, perhaps I should lighten up...but for me, the U.S. Flag represents more than any of us may be willing to acknowledge.

Demeaning the flag is an insult to the many soldiers and civilians who have sacrificed their lives to defend it. It's an insult to the many who have fought for Civil Rights.

In my opinion, it is the MOST offensive thing that I can hear, see or read.

You can call me a honkey, a red neck, and ignorant hick and I wouldn't care...you can call me the "N" word and I wouldn't care...you can almost throw out a Momma joke (Sorry I find these offensive as well), but when one uses the Flag, the symbol of America as the pun of jokes, I am completely offended.

I'll defend President Obama or Silk_Smoove before I'll defend this type of offensive humor.

Some things should be sacred, ones Ethnic Background as well as ones Nationality. I hold the American Flag up there as an untouchable item that should NOT be made fun of.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote