View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #58
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
The zone gets way too much flack for our rebounding troubles. It may not help things, but we're not a bad rebounding team because the of zone. We're much worse at offensive rebounding than we are at defensive rebounding so I think it's inaccurate to say that our defensive scheme is having a big impact on our rebounding. We just simply don't play many good rebounders.
I agree with the first part entirely. The second part, I think our guys are better natural rebounders than the production would indicate. We don't have the best rebounding personnel in the league, but we should be very serviceable. I think real problem is that they often need to be more active and aggressive about collecting the ball (again, except Tyson, who is very active 95% of the time).

I mean, there is no excuse for not getting a rebound when we have three guys 6'7" and above standing right under the basket, with only one opposing player near them. But it's happened time and time again this season.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote