View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 11:57 PM   #20
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Stack SHOULD be able to get us a wing. So I think that part will take care of itself and then we can get bargain/steal players with the remaining funds of the MLE and the BAE. I really believe those players will be there because the market could be pretty dry...and everyone isn't going to bail to Europe or just retire.

I don't see teams giving up centers in a salary dump move
...if they did, we'd have Kaman for Stack happen. That's not the case though, teams know that big men are valuable and you want talent in return. Considering a young big man is out on the market and has the potential to be a solid contributor night in and night out and he's for that price...the MLE, you've gotta seriously jump at it. Why, because the market price for him is cheaper than what you'd be able to get with similar talent for a big.

Damp might be here, but he's definitely not going to stay here a real long time, so would you rather have a hole at the position or have something to work with?

And with your edit...considering that the few players that actually fit the Nene frame are pretty much on the teams that stand in our way (LA and Denver), I would say that concern is very valid and it's not being exaggerated.
Pau Gasol can play center, and he was dumped in a salary move

Hornets last year tried to trade Chandler for a few scrub expirings.

It can happen!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote