Thread: Mavs seeding
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 10:08 AM   #38
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I disagree

Playoffs are all about matchups.

No one felt the Mavs could beat the Lakers back in 2011 but the Mavs had a trio of wing defenders they could throw at kobe and two bigs who could matchup with Bynum and Gasol.

In 07 the Warriors were a bad matchup foe the Mavs

I believe the Mavs would fair well vs the Clippers or Blazers but not the Nuggets or Suns.

Chris Paul scares me for the Suns because the Mavs never seem to stop that guy especially late in games.

If they get the Lakers with a hobbling AD the dynamics of a series like that would change.

Playoffs are all about performance. Matchup advantages are only as good as how you execute them. There's no way around that.

There is NO comparison between this roster and the 2011 roster. For that matter, there was superior talent on the '07 team as well. We should have won that series, but we got outcoached and the players got rattle. It shaped who Dirk became.

This roster is not a contender, even if we are hitting on all cylinders we are not enough to sustain a contending run.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote