View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 02:32 PM   #18
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:Too bad it took a Hurricane before our country figured this out...As I have been saying all along...

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
So Mavdog do you say that it is inaccurate to denigrate KKK pamplets speaking about how the white races is superior to other races.
no, and how you come to that conclusion is beyond me. I am saying that I saw the video of Kayne West making the statement, and I see it as just a poorly thought out expression. However poorly conceived it may have been, it was sincere and not a statement made just to "advance his career" and that West DOES care about poor black people. That was very clear in his tone. Did you actually see kayne make the statement, or are you going by what you have read?

Quote:
After all that's just an opinion, however misguided it may be. I know that Laura Bush would call it disgusting as would her husband and as would I. But I guess according to you that behavior is wrong. Or are you taking the stand it's OK to be racist so long as you do it in a liberal leaning way?
???? please try to make some sense. George and Laura, as well as you, I and Kayne West, are free to express themselves. As far as Kayne being "racist" I guess we just disagree, as I don't see him expressing a racist statement in his criticizing Bush.

Quote:
It seems that the dems support making judgements based on at least partly on race or gender or ethnic or religious background or even sexual orientation. But only certain races, genders, religious backgrounds or sexual orientations should get preferential treatment. I'm sure if some right wing kook came out and said the mess in New Orleans was caused by the socially inferior blacks who lives there that you and the dems would be all over calling that disgusting. Yet you defend from fellow dems prejudicial statements as being OK since they're only attacking one of the "politically correct" groups to attack. Like it's OK to make racial and gender jokes about white heterosexual males, well as long as they're republicans, but do it about a black lesibian female who is a dem and it's a crime against humanity. I find that behavior disgusting as well.
the only thing that I find "disgusting" is an attempt by you to label Kayne "racist" for merely expressing his opinion that George Bush doesn't care about low income black americans left in New orleans. He feels that there was not sufficient effort to aid the folks who remained behind, and those people were almost all black americans who did not have he ability to evacuate.

It is easy to disagree with someone who has a differing conclusion than yours while respecting the difference in view without questioning their morals. You seem to have a problem doing that in Kayne's case.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote