View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 03:13 PM   #20
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Too bad it took a Hurricane before our country figured this out...As I have been saying all along...

Quote:
It is easy to disagree with someone who has a differing conclusion than yours while respecting the difference in view without questioning their morals. You seem to have a problem doing that in Kayne's case.
He can have whatever opinion he wants, but exploiting poor black people to further his career, which I feel that he did with the publicity stunt that he pulled, I find to be racist. And I didn't see his statement, but I got an extremely detailed description from my wife. It's fine that you feel that he isn't intentionally exploiting poor blacks to advance his career, but I have a completely different opinion. And according to my wife he sounded much more like he was acting sympathetic as opposed to actually being sympathetic. And if someone expresses an opinion, then I have just as much right as they do to have an opinion. And I think his is racist.

Quote:
???? please try to make some sense. George and Laura, as well as you, I and Kayne West, are free to express themselves. As far as Kayne being "racist" I guess we just disagree, as I don't see him expressing a racist statement in his criticizing Bush.
And so are the KKK. Doesn't mean that you have to agree with said expression nor does it mean that said opinion wasn't racist.

Quote:
the only thing that I find "disgusting" is an attempt by you to label Kayne "racist" for merely expressing his opinion that George Bush doesn't care about low income black americans left in New orleans. He feels that there was not sufficient effort to aid the folks who remained behind, and those people were almost all black americans who did not have he ability to evacuate.
Can you say hypocrit? You're doing the very thing that you find "disgusting". So it's OK for Keyene to label people racist as it's just his opinion, but let anyone label that opinion racist and it's not OK. So I get it, because Keyene expressed a liberal view it's OK, but consevative isn't. Quit contradicting yourself and admit you're only acting on party politics and not for any real reason to have differing opinions respected. BTW I find your opinion disgusting as well. Guess we're even.