View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 09:53 PM   #83
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
To be clear what has to happen if Houston wants Bosh and Parsons:

1. Execute Asik trade (I've read New Orleans has to execute a small transaction before they can even do this).

2. Execute Lin trade they supposedly have racked up.

3. Trade away Jones, Montiejunas, Canaan and their first round pick this year (some or all of these could theoretically go out with Asik and/or Lin. They're very small contract)

4. Get Bosh to agree to a contract that starts at about 600K under max starting point. (Almost a million under if they want to keep Beverly too)

To be fair, it's been pointed out to me that a 19.5Mil contract might be the most Bosh is offered if Lebron leaves Miami.

So not out of the woods even if they get Bosh to agree, but it will take a lot of work in a short time.

And because I've seen a few ask: If Parsons comes here, this would, for all intents and purposes, use every last drop of our cap space. You would then have the room exception, minimums and trades.
Dont see any of that as overly difficult for Houston or NO to pull off, if they want to. Totally screws their bargaining positions. But most likely they have everything lined up for the moment Bosh says yes.

Still think its likely Houston matches. Say they do and sign Bosh- what does the luxury tax bill look like?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote