View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 12:11 AM   #112
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I did consider that. SA, LAC, OKC....all better than Mavs.

What does HOU, GSW and POR do this season? Not sure, but I could easily see 1 or 2 of them as better than Dallas.

Thoughts?
POR is not in the discussion, imo. Based on how they played the second half of last season, and the fact that their offseason acquisition was Chris freaking Kaman, I fully expect them to be scrapping for a playoff spot.

Houston, obviously so much is still up in the air, but unless they swing Bosh and Parsons I think we're better than them next year (and even if they do swing those two, they will have, literally, zero depth and I think their coach sucks).

GSW, who the hell knows. Rookie coach that's never done anything before.

I just think the Mavs can be significantly better than last year even if they "settle" for Ariza/Deng.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote