View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 01:08 AM   #93
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Look at those other 27 front offices and see if they've made any solid moves these past 2 or 3 offseasons. This isn't something new for Mavs fans. It seems like there's trades every offseason where we wonder "WTF". Especially deals where the Mavs could've offered a lot more than those teams have given up. Its not about entitlement. Not for me anyway. Its just at times you get the sense that the front office doesn't even try because "they like their team". Once again another year is passing and everyone around the Mavs is getting better. Some teams are just getting better because their getting older like the Jazz, Blazers, OKC and New Orleans.

There's plenty of time for the Mavs to make a deal but I think the biggest fear for some is that the Mavs front office may be overvaluing some of the talent on this team.
Fear that they overvalue the talent and that they don't really plan to spend any more money or do what it takes to win. Or that they're holding out for the magical 2010. It's becoming evident that some of the confusion regarding the direction/style of the franchise wasn't all Avery. I'm confused just thinking about it all.There have been consecutive summers of essentially standing pat(buckner,eddie jones)followed by the panic trade for Kidd. And then again last summer nothing except for a long overdue coaching change. Oh and Diop. Apathy,apathy, panic,apathy mixed with incompetence. Spurs trade will probably lead to a panic trade for Shaq in which we give up too much. And a strange MLE signing.

Last edited by mac222b; 06-24-2009 at 01:09 AM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote