View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 02:25 PM   #35
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesVE View Post
For example, the Barea thread

I believe you stated in there that a thread wasn't "warranted" for Barea, etc.

It just seems like here there's 4 or 5 people who are sort of the unspoken "owners" of certain thread types/categories, and if you aren't said "owner" then your thread-making-prowess gets questioned and/or you get bashed. Beyond that, it seems there's also a small group of people who are sort of unofficially forum police who determine how "worthy" a thread is, etc. It just seems a little hypocritical and kind of clique-ish, I guess.

But the latter happens in all forums to an extent, I suppose. It just seems inordinately prevalent here.
Funny, because that Barea thread was in response to what people were talking about in another thread altogether - it's the perfect example of a needless thread.

Not only that, but it was a confusing thread title since all the other "appreciation" threads going up were for recently-traded players - that's why there's about a dozen posts in that thread where people thought Barea was being traded.

And really - why the hell were we talking about JJB in the middle of giant trade that had nothing to do with him? Oh, I know - because the original poster wanted to create a "look at me" moment to declare his love for a player who has become completely irrelevant on this squad...

Yeah, thanks for wasting my time.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-15-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote