View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 10:12 PM   #37
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktruth
What it says to me is that the only way to stop Dirk is to play dirty.

That's the only way the 1988-1990 Pistons played. Rodman, Lambier, Mahorn, Edwards, Sally. They were all thugs, but one helluva basketball team.
What are "Thugs"? Seriously, the Pistons were actually a very solid team that played solid defense and were a hit first team. This is actually how the game used to be played before all these rule changes into this mess we have now. I really can't stand these rules right now, because it forces players to play weak defense. I guarantee is Magic or Dr.J had these kind of rules, they would average at least 10 more points a game.

I know some here may not agree, but if Shaq played a little earlier, he would not be the dominant center he is now. He would be reduced to being a solid center, who needed some offensive moves to get to the next level. Back then, I can guarantee those old centers would have beat the shit out of Shaq's body on a nightly basis to where Shaq would have been forced to slim down to move better or shorten his career due to injuries.

Shaq played against a couple of the ole heads his first couple of years, but they were all on the decline. Shaq today is a "Freak of Nature", but more importantly, a recipient of the times. Right now, the biggest recipient of the times is "Wade"....In the ole days, I guarantee, it would only take one Anthony Mason clothesline or Mahorn knee to cause Wade to think b4 he left his feet. I gurantee it
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote