Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 09:54 PM   #588
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by madape View Post
Mavs should draft Mobamba
I'm only going to be happy with Bamba if Doncic, Ayton, Jackson Jr, and Trae Young are already off the board. I think I'd rather have Mikal Bridges over him too.

Bamba is a project. The talent is unquestioned, but he's at least 1 year & probably 2 years away from developing an NBA body, and that's if he works at it because there are questions about his work ethic.

Here's an article the Ringer did on him last month:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/1...2018-nba-draft

Check out these quotes from the article...

Quote:
Bamba needs to strengthen his lean legs. The 6-foot-11, 225-pound center gets pushed around by stronger players when defending the post or boxing out.
He needs to hit the weight room. Big time.

Quote:
Bamba also lacks the intensity and toughness you’d prefer in a defensive anchor. He rarely boxes out and relies primarily on his length to grab rebounds that come near him
Despite being a top 15 rebounder in college basketball, he's only tied for 27th in defensive rebounds. He doesn't do as good of a job digging in, boxing out & fighting for boards.

Quote:
When other players are sprinting, you might find Bamba in cruise control.
Like other posters have said on this forum regarding Nerlens Noel. You can't make a guy want to try. Check out that link & look at his lazy efforts getting back on D. Troubling.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote