View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 09:18 PM   #91
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

I keep overcomplicating my arguments. In reality, its pretty simple.

I agree that an offensive slasher would be great. Iguodala is a very good one. However, besides that, he doesn't do much on offense. He's not a great jump shooter, even though he's taking more of them since his early days in the league.

Butler is, as you said, worse at rebounding and defense. However, he's clearly the better scorer, and right now, this team doesn't have enough scoring. Their defense is good, their rebounding has been solid minus a few notable break downs, but their offense is about average for a team that wants to be more than average. Thus, I don't see Iguodala as a player we need when we have to give up a 45%/44% shooter scoring 17 points per 36. If you don't buy the shooting percentages, then sure, I guess I could understand where you're coming from more. I do buy them, and they've been trending up since mid-November. I've watched most the games, and I don't see Caron hitting a ton of bad shots. He looks like he has finally found his role in the offense.

That's why I'm worried about trading for someone like Iguodala midway through the season. The chemistry I'm talking about is not friendships or tightness between the team (which I hear is very good, I might add), but finding your place on the court with the team. It took Butler almost a year. Iguodala is a different player, so maybe he jumps right in, but what if it takes him a year? What then? Once again, this is a 23-5 team, and I don't see Iguodala helping this team so much more than Butler can without any doubts. 23-5 shouldn't feel the need to take chances and hope that trades improve a team.

Sorry for not replying directly to what you said, but my previous post was all over the place and really made no sense, now that I look at it. This is more what I was trying to say.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote