View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 12:53 AM   #93
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the plan of the FO is pretty much this:

Try to hit one of the two homeruns (Paul, Dwight). If they miss (probably) i think they will try to sign two solid guys out of the group of Mayo/Iggy/Jennings/Josh Smith/Peko/Jack this year. I think Mayo gonna stay in this case. Of course could be hard with guys like Iggy or Josh that are looking for near max contracts to sign additional another guy like Mayo. But lets see.

And of course keep an eye on the numbers so you have 2014 with the saved money on Dirks new contract and Marion gone max cap: Either for a max star player or again two solid guys that probably are looking to sign with a new team: Granger, Gortat, Cousins, Okafor etc.

In 2014 i could see us with a balanced S5 with five guys on 7-13m contracts, something like

Jack or Jennings or Lowry
Mayo
Iggy or Granger or Deng
Dirk
Gortat or Peko or Okafor or Cousins

(of course it wouldnt be Iggy AND Peko or Josh and Peko since they should be both be in the 12m+ range). But i think we will see someting like that over a single superstar signing in 2013 and/or 2014.

Here are the bigger 2014 guys (the Heat will stay obv together) but a lot of interesting guys: George and Granger wont work in Indiana, Gortat isnt happy and the Suns are stuck in mediocre with terrible contracts. Same with the Raptors and Lowry. Wizards have Nene longterm under contract etc

Last edited by sefant77; 04-02-2013 at 12:58 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote